[Mpi-forum] Reading and voting announcement - additionally #641 and co.

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Thu Nov 17 06:52:45 CST 2022

Hello all together,

As Language Bindings Summary Chapter, I'd like to read the
following issues at the next meeting (Dec. 2022).

The Annex A.2 was developed by Terms WG as proof of
new Semantic Terms section 2.4 for MPI-4.0 and also as
a very helpful summary for the reader of the MPI standard.
Puri Bangalore converted it into Latex,
Joseph Schuchart helped to add the RMA chapter, and other smaller issues,
and the forum commented on it at the virtual meeting Nov. 9, 2022.

The forum asked for moving it into a side-doc as long as it is incomplete.

The following issues and pull requests are completing the side-document Annex A.2
and moving it back to the MPI-standard.

Completing the side-doc:

- Issue A.2-#17: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/issues/17
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/pull/9

  Adding all operation related routines for one-sided communication

- Issue A.2-#5: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/issues/5
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/pull/14

  Adding MPI_Comm_set_info

- Issue A.2-#7: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/issues/7
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/pull/15

  Correction for MPI_COMM_CREATE, ... (a missing f in the table entry)

- Issue A.2-#8: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/issues/8
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/pull/12

  Removing wrong remark 4) on the NEIGHBOR-routines

- Issue A.2-#10: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/issues/10
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/pull/16

  Adding MPI_Cancel and MPI_Test_cancelled

- Issue A.2-#11: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/issues/11
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/function-table/pull/13

  Adding an intro sentence that often procedures are presented under constrains

And then moving the side-doc into MPI-4.1:

- Issue #641: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/641
  PR: https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/752

  Integrating the content of the side-doc
    https://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-4.0/addendum-Semantics.pdf
  plus all the issues above into MPI-4.1

The whole Annex A.2 including all these PRs can be viewed as commented pdf:

- PDF, see pages 11, 839-846 and 1007:
  https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/files/10031494/mpi41-report_Issue641_PR752.pdf

  It includes PR752 and all the Annex A.2 side-doc pull requests
  A.2-PR9, A.2-PR12, A.2-PR13, A.2-PR14, A.2-PR15, and A.2-PR16.

All the other issues (493, 499, 468, 565, 471, 605, 556)
and probably chapter committee changes (412, 420, 492, 560)
see below in my email from yesterday.

Best regards
Rolf