[Mpi-forum] Virtual MPI Forum Meeting tomorrow (Wed. Nov. 2, 2022) on "MPI Progress"

Rolf Rabenseifner rabenseifner at hlrs.de
Tue Nov 1 05:43:45 CDT 2022

Dear all,

We want to invite you to our

Virtual MPI Forum meeting tomorrow, Wednesday, Nov. 2, 2022,
- at 10am US CDT (still US summer time)
- which is in Europe - as far as I understand -
  1 hour earlier as usual, i.e. 4pm CET (Central European winter time)

The zoom link is, as usual, available via the meeting page.

Topics:

 - the proposal about **MPI Progress** (in general)
      see https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/493
      and the pdf file
      https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/files/9908852/progress_proposal_rab_v12%2BDan%2BJoseph%2BClaudia_2022-10-31_clean.pdf

 - the related proposal on MPI_REQUEST_GET_STATUS (a re-reading)
      see https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/468
      plus https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/667

 - the related proposal on MPI_WIN_TEST
      see https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/499
      plus https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-standard/pull/729

The agenda for this 2 hour meeting is

 - a complete reading (including only short Q&A) of all three issues
   that everybody in the meeting can get familiar with all aspects,

 - a discussion on the proposals.

Only if there is remaining time, we can go also to very chapter-specific questions.

The proposal is prepared by
 Claudia Blaas-Schenner,
 Dan Holmes,
 Joseph Schuchart,
 Puri Bangalore,
 Tobias Haas,
 and me,
with all the input from the MPI-4.0 discussions and additional input
from the RMA and the Semantic Terms WGs during the common meeting last week.

Kind regards - on behave of the terms WG -
Rolf

--
Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner . . . . . . . . . .. . . rabenseifner at hlrs.de .
High Performance Computing Center (HLRS) . . . ++49(0)711/685-65530 .