[Mpi-forum] Tuesday, December 6 MPI Forum Voting

Wes Bland work at wesbland.com
Tue Dec 6 07:25:13 CST 2022

Hi all,

Given the large number of readings and ballots taking place at this meeting, I wanted to keep folks up to date on what we’ll be voting on and when.

As usual, we’ll separate the "no-no" ballots from the “main” ballots with which they are paired. So today, we will vote on all of the existing "no-no” items:

#553 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/553>: RMA: Add missing win-sync calls to Example 12.21
#551 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/551>: MPI_Win_free is synchronizing, except when it isn't
#407 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/407>: Adjust RMA Chapter to New Terms or vice versa (and remove interims statement)
#429 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/429>: RMA: Replace 'operation' with 'operator' where appropriate
#590 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/590>: Remove Physical Requirement from Voting Meetings
#589 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/589>: Errata: Issues with Partitioned Communication Example-4.4
#634 <https://github.com/mpi-forum/mpi-issues/issues/634>: Fix MPI_WIN_SYNC text

Note that there were a couple of late additions to this list based on the readings yesterday. Tomorrow we’ll probably vote on everything else on the voting page: https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2022/12/votes

This ballot will take place at approximately 10am US Central time and you’ll vote by going to the link that I’ll email out to you at that time. As usual, we might start a minute or two late depending on the discussion going on at that time and you’ll have 30 minutes to cast your ballot once I send out the email.

Remember that you must attend the meeting prior to the first ballot in order to be eligible to vote. The list of who has registered and who has attended is here: https://www.mpi-forum.org/meetings/2022/12/attendance. If I didn’t see you on the list of folks that joined the Zoom call yesterday, you (or someone else from your org) need to join the call before 10am US Central today to be able to vote.

Here’s the list of orgs that I think are eligible and who aren’t:

Eligible to vote
AMD
Amazon
Atos
Cornelis Networks
HLRS, University of Stuttgart
HPE
IBM
INRIA
Intel Corporation
Kichakato Kizito
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Leibniz Supercomputing Centre
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Meta
NVIDIA
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
ParaTools SAS
Queen's University
RWTH Aachen University
Technical University of Munich
The University of Tokyo
University of Alabama
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Université Grenoble Alpes
VSC Research Center, TU Wien
ZIH, TU Dresden

Did not register for 2 of last 3 meetings
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Tennessee Tech University

Not present at current meeting
Argonne National Laboratory
CEA
Ohio State University
Sandia National Laboratory
The Texas Advanced Computing Center
University of New Mexico

Did not attend 2 of last 3 meetings
Forschungszentrum Julich
University of Basel

If you have any questions, let me know via email or Slack (for a faster response).

Thanks,
Wes