[Mpi-forum] [MPI Forum] #324: Clarify MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL scope of abort

Bland, Wesley wesley.bland at intel.com
Wed Jun 3 21:55:06 CDT 2015

The last two comments are fine, but I have a problem with the first one. Error codes are only useful if you're still in an application to decode them. If you're aborting, the thing provided to abort should be provided to the user in the form of a return code. That's not useful since it can't be turned into a string, class, etc. anymore.