[Mpi-forum] Madrid hybrid slides: init/finalize

Wesley Bland wbland at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Aug 26 13:06:06 CDT 2013

Am I mistaken in remembering that MPI doesn't allow an application to go in
and out of MPI:

INIT
FINALIZE
INIT
FINALIZE

I've looked at the standard and that's what Section 8.7 says to me. So am I
correct in assuming that this will change that text to say that you can
start, stop, and start new "MPI epochs"?

Thanks,
Wesley