[Mpi-forum] Updated agenda

Underwood, Keith D keith.d.underwood at intel.com
Tue Feb 28 21:38:08 CST 2012

I am as much in favor of keeping the cost down as anybody, but this ground gets covered at every single meeting.  From memory, the major points are:

-Some meetings are cheap, others are expensive.  International ones are sometimes (not always) ridiculously expensive.

-The forum has, in the past, lost money by committing to a room block that didn't get fulfilled.  Usually, committing a room block is necessary to get free space.  Thankfully, we have industry sponsors for the space in the US right now.

-You may, or may not, think that the support services who organized it did an insufficient job of negotiating.  I am pretty sure that Rich has offered to let somebody else do the organizing, but NOBODY is quite THAT upset at the pricing.

Keith