[Mpi-forum] Changing view after posting non-blocking I/O operations

George Zagaris george.zagaris at kitware.com
Wed May 25 09:22:17 CDT 2011

Hello,

I was wondering if MPI allows changing the file view after issuing
a non-blocking I/O operation. Here is a snipet of what I want
to achieve:

MPI_Offset disp1,disp2;
MPI_Request rqst1,rqst2;

// Write first section
MPI_File_set_view(fhandle,disp1,MPI_DOUBLE,MPI_DOUBLE,
     const_cast<char*>("native"), MPI_INFO_NULL );
MPI_File_iwrite_at(fhandle,0,array1,N,MPI_DOUBLE, &rqst1 );

// Write second section
MPI_File_set_view(fhandle,disp1,MPI_DOUBLE,MPI_DOUBLE,
     const_cast<char*>("native"), MPI_INFO_NULL );
MPI_File_iwrite_at(fhandle,0,array2,N,MPI_DOUBLE,&rqst2);

MPI_Wait(rqst1);
MPI_Wait(rqst2);

My concern is that the second MPI_File_set_view will interfere with
previously issued non-blocking write. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you very much for all your time & help.

Best,
George