[Mpi-forum] Sparse / neighborhood topology ticket

Torsten Hoefler htor at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 8 13:17:06 CST 2011

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 05:27:10AM -0800, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> FYI: I talked with Torsten last night after the meeting and raised the
> point that the overall Forum wasn't presented with the final text of
> the ticket 2 weeks prior to the meeting.  Torsten immediately agreed
> and suggested that we reset the clock and have a(nother) first reading
> next meeting -- including the minor changes suggested from last night.
I agree.  I received a couple of more comments from Jeff and Fab
(thanks!). All complaints are small issues (no change in semantics),
however, the sum of those deserve a clock reset. I will not be able to
fix them today either, so we should read again at the next meeting (not
sure if we actually want a full reading or if we consider this a waste
of time).

I feel like we need more reviews for this proposal. It is pretty short
and obvious but I'd like to use the same care as we used for the
nonblocking collectives. Please review!

Thanks & Best,
  Torsten

--
Torsten Hoefler         | Performance Modeling and Simulation Lead