[Mpi-forum] MPI user survey

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Sun Nov 15 10:35:43 CST 2009

On Nov 14, 2009, at 6:54 PM, Jeff Hammond wrote:

> The following range of choices seems awkward to me:
>
> Not important at all
> Somewhat important
> Neutral
> Fairly important
> Very important
>
> I do not see how "Neutral" falls between "Somewhat important" and
> "Fairly important".

Good point.  How about this range instead:

How much are each of the following sets of MPI functionality used in
your MPI applications?

Not used at all
Trivially used in some places
Used moderately in conjunction with other MPI functionality
Used heavily in conjunction with other MPI functionality
Comprises the backbone of my application

> On the same question, it might make sense to differentiate between
> "feature exists" and "feature performs well" for some options.

I'm not sure what you mean here -- can you clarify?

jsquyres at cisco.com