[mpi-forum] Future meeting locations

Richard Graham rlgraham at ornl.gov
Fri Feb 8 17:04:07 CST 2008

Since our first meeting in Chicago several people have been looking at
options for alternative meeting locations that would reduce the meeting
costs, and make it easier for people from Asia to attend these meetings.  NO
change is happening in the March meeting, it will still take place at the
Chicago Marriott O'Hare, with the meeting rate being $175/person.  The
following meetings will alternate between Chicago, IL and Menlo Park, CA.
Microsoft will host the meetings in Chicago, when their downtown facility is
available (or else we will meet at the Marriott), and Sun will host the
meetings in CA.

So the plan would be

April 28-30, 2008  Microsoft facility in Chicago
June 30 - July 2nd, Menlo Park
Sept 3-5, Dublin Ireland
Oct 20-22, Chicago
Dec 15-17, Menlo Park

If in doubt, https://meetings.mpi-forum.org/Meeting_details.html is kept up
to date with meeting information.

Feel free to suggest alternatives that meet the objectives of reducing the
meeting cost and making it easier for the Asian community to participate in
this.  Barring any such suggestions this will become the plan of record on
Wed, 2/13, to make it possible for people to purchase airplane tickets to
the March meeting.

Thanks,
Rich